Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spiderman 4 is "good to go"! But, who are the villains?


I bet this is all good news for Spiderman fans like me! I have been a part of those who think that maybe a fourth Spiderman is not so likely to come out soon. Okay, now I am jumping with joy! I'll be expecting Tobey Maguire to be web-swinging very, very soon! Here's the scoop from Movie Insider:

The Moviefile - Spider-Man 4: Four Villains Spidey May Have to Face

After a lot of speculation about whether would be a fourth Spider-Man movie -- or if there even should be a fourth, after the dancestravaganza that was the last one -- all of the contracts have finally been signed and Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are returning as director and star. Hooray, we guess. (Seriously, no dancing this time, guys.) As with any superhero movie, confirmation of the film has kicked off endless discussions of what new villains should fight Spidey. Theories abound, with everyone jumping on every little word out of Raimi's mouth, but nothing is set in yet. Still, it's never too early to take stock of our options...

The Lizard Raimi has said he wants to get around to this reptilian villain, especially since he's worked Dr. Curt
Connors, Peter's one-armed science professor, into the first three movies. It's Connors' experiments at regrowing his missing limb that turn him into a six-foot, human-hating gecko. According to an insider who spoke to DHD, once they announce the villain, we'll know who's playing him. Now, that could indicate the already-present Dylan Baker, or it could indicate...Man-Wolf Played by Daniel Gillies in the second Spider-Man movie, John Jameson was the astronaut son of newspaperman J. Jonah Jameson, and the fiancé of Mary Jane Watson. Mary Jane left him for Peter, so we never got to see if he went back into space and discovered a mystical gemstone, one that turned him into a snow-white werewolf who fought Spidey. His return is always a possibility, but Gillies may not be a big enough name to carry the villain role, so the likelihood of it being him is slim. Still, werewolves are hot right now -- almost as hot as vampires! And speaking of vampires...

...However, personally, I do not think the web-slinging and building-jumping will be this year? What's your guess?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, guys! I will try to make some guesses as to who can be the candidates for spidey's antagonists: Scorpion could be one, What about Carnage? Keep the ball rolling, guys. Make your guess!

    ReplyDelete

Search Result

About Me

My photo
I am always fascinated by new things. Space Science never ceases to amaze me. Brain Twisters keeps me active. I enjoyed watching movies at our home theater. I best enjoyed being with people who like to share their experiences & learnings! I will be delighted to share with you my changing world & also the special moments when time stood still for me!